Monday, March 9, 2009

Extras.

I should probably start writing these entries during the day, due to the fact that I become somewhat solemn and over conscious at night. I find myself writing more about my feelings than what I have experienced throughout the afternoon. It's not a terrible thing whatsoever, I just feel I'm lacking proper input on being in another country.

On another note, my friend Heather allowed me to upload some photos from her camera today. She has many shots of our trip to the northern tip of the island, from our night on the beach to pink sheep. Her and I have been getting along real well, playing hourly long games of volleyball in the courtyard whilst upholding the standard American 'shenanigans' many are familiar with. I remember now how much I hate to sweat, yet also how good I feel after playing a solid game. Trials for the Uni-Games continue this Wednesday...something that I've been looking forward to since last week.

Everyone has been discussing travel plans for this weekend. There are proposals of going to Hot Water Beach, a beach in which you can dig a hole that fills with natural hot spring water from the volcanic activity underneath the sand. After forming your own 'jacuzzi', the ocean is just a hop away from cooling off. The closest thing you'll get to this when in New York is if your best friend pees right next to you while your playing in the water at Robert Moses. Voila. Instant temperature change.

For now I'm just going to sit here and worry about waking up for class tomorrow morning. Although its only 1am, I feel like I could sleep for days. Pardon me, but I've got a soft shirt and a comfortable bed to curl up in.

3 comments:

  1. i can pee on you when you come home. it's really no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for your Kate. I am happy to see that you are still paying vball. Love you lots and miss you! Suzanne (Coachyyyyy from Harborfields)

    ReplyDelete