Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reality

Is this reality? I see nothing but turquoise water as I look out my 14th floor apartment room window in the heart of Auckland. Confusion has been a friend of mine for the past two weeks, as every morning I seem to wake up wondering where I am and how I got here. I strangely don't mind the stark white walls and the rough carpet floors being that the world is nearly a ride down the lift (aka: elevator, Kiwi speak). To be sitting at my desk for periods stretching longer than an hour bother me more so than it ever has. What the hell am I doing on the internet in New Zealand?





This place is intense. Overwhelming perhaps. My cheeks hurt from smiling.








Acquaintances have turned into life long friendships in no time. As much as I'd like to blame this on the typical college 'phenomena', this may be the real thing. We've already packed 8 of us in a minivan and toured areas of the North Island. The van stunk of alochol, body odor, and sea air by the time we were through with it. I suppose its times like those that bring people together immediately. Activities consisted of sleeping on the beach, sandboarding, chasing sheep, late night swimming, and showering only once during the long haul...you can only imagine.




Laura, Vic, Eugene, Heather, Andrew, Phil, Dario, Kate.

I suspect we will become an acronym in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment