Saturday, March 28, 2009

Acceleration.

I've been a horrible blogger. I was so dedicated. I've been so distracted. The weather has been non-stop stunning, as with every day autumn is creeping closer and closer. Let's just say I should have been keeping tabs on my daily adventures, being that something strange/humorous/noteworthy has been consistently occurring. Unfortunately, my absent mind has forgotten much of the past week. I'll attempt to mend the debris of my memory. Ladies and gentleman, I give you, the list. Short, yet fairly to the point.

1. Helped a kid earn 20 dollars from his mates by riding a tandem bicycle and making an ass out of myself.

2. Saw a dangerously high unicycle being rode by a man in a bathing suit down a crowded beach.

3. Met many intoxicated Kiwis around a fire; they proceeded to beat each other senseless.

4. This guy. Casually drinking at bar near the harbor.

5. Experienced 5G's at 200kph in 2 seconds.

6. Experienced 5G's at 200kph in 2 seconds.

7. Did I mention I experienced 5G's at 200kph in 2 seconds?

For only $40 NZD, you can feel like an astronaut (minus the whole prolonged feeling of nausea and potential unconsciousness at lift-off). There's something frightening about catapulting straight up attached to nothing but a seemingly thin elastic band. Catapulting your way straight toward the ground is another thing. I felt this was necessary to prepare myself both mentally and physically for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckym6W3t5kQ

Can you dig?

No comments:

Post a Comment