Friday, March 6, 2009

Hot.

Despite my appreciation of the environmentally friendly practices of New Zealand, something could be said about a few air conditioners. How suburban of me. I've been waking up in sweat the past week, as it's been humid and generally uncomfortable come morning.

I must have been mid-dream when I opened my eyes. It was the first time I felt incredibly panicked as a result of not immediately recognizing my surroundings. The room had the same feeling of waking up in my bed at home on a hot summer morning. To be honest, I was a little disappointed at first. Lets invest in the technology to teleport.
On another note, I bring you a short story. We've befriended New Zealand's top comedian, Brendhan Lovegrove (check him out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcQEsuhvmx4). During a night on the town, my buddies and I ended up in a bar called Shakespeare's. I began typical conversation with an older gentleman; where are you from, how do you like living here, what are you studying? After awhile, we all began joking with one another, poking fun at both Americans and Kiwis, having a good laugh. Toward the end of the night, he invited us to his "show". Show? What show? Where was he going with this...Turns out he was performing at one of New Zealand's top comedy clubs. We showed up, had a great laugh, met some great people, and ended up at a flat party hosted by another comedian. How these things happen, I'm not too sure.

Our school has been hosting a hodgepodge of events on campus. Two very well known bands in New Zealand, Shihad and The Mint Chicks, performed in our courtyard. A good 2,000 people showed up, one of those 2,000 not being me, but I heard from others that it was a good time. As for today, the beach is looking like a possibility. Can life get any tougher?

No comments:

Post a Comment